Has anyone gotten slipped something before?

I work at a club and a customer gave me a piece of "gum" ( I know, stupid for taking it) It tasted super weird, no flavor and bitter so I spit it out. Within 15 minutes I was passing out and delireous. I was taken to the ER bu they couldn't figure out what is was and told me I would just have to sleep it off. When I arrive my blood pressure was 145/90 (very high for me) and my heartrate was 130. They made sure my vitals were back to normal before I left however I am still dizzy. Do you know how long these effects will last?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Health

• My older brother was slipped something at a party...the doctors still arent sure what it was but he now has the mind of a 6 yr old....it's a scary world out there...very scary and very sad
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• OMGoodness thats horrible. Do you know the customer? Im thinking the police should get involved in this. I would give it 18 to 24 hours before it is all worn off completely. Its hard to tell how long it will last not knowing what it was. Im sorry that happened to you.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 2:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I dont know for sure, but I think I have. I went to a guys house when I was a teenager and I drank frequently but he gave me a drink and after finishing just one I felt very tired and couldnt really move my body at all. I was very awake and alert just couldnt really move or react. I felt weird for about a day. Did the hospital not contact the police? Please be careful and take care of yourself.
    Cass052005

Answer by Cass052005 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Nope and for god's sake - be careful!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• oh wow..that is HORRIBLE!! I would make a police report and have them pull the video tape if there was one..Find out who that was and have them arrested!
    Yes,ive been slipped something before too..in my drink at a bar,spent the entire night at the ER.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• They are looking at the tapes to try to find him
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2011