How can i help my husband detox from hydrocodone??

My husband has been taking hydrocodone for about 2 yrs. For the last 6 months hes been taking about 5 to 6 10 milligram hydrocodones a day. He is ready to get off of these things, he is on day 2 of cold turkey detox. But i worried about him, hes having really bad insomnia with sweating and anxiety attacks. i know he needs to go to rehab to be safer but hes is the only one working. i cant work, im about to pop with our 3rd child!!! Does anyone have any suggestion or experience, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

jhenry456

Asked by jhenry456 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Health

• You cannot detox him he has to go where they can watch his blood pressure and make sure he is okay.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• They need to watch so they know whats happening and when they might need to step in.
    pinkdragon36

• You can detox at home but you have to be careful. Here is an article on it. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_some_home_remedies_for_hydrocodone_detox

I would contact his primary care physician to make sure there isnt anything else they want you to watch for. If he doesnt have one, but I assume he does since he is on prescription pain pills, then take him to the ER.

Answer by gemgem at 3:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Unfortunately it's not something you can do at home. If you want to help him you need to get him signed up to a detox center so they can monitor as he comes off it. Or maybe they could help him at a methadone clinic?
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 3:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• hydrocodone is serious stuff. Get him to a doctor or support group. He needs a professional to help him get off easily.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I really don't know.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 6:35 PM on Apr. 30, 2011