What is wrong with my sewing machine?

The bobbin keeps bunching up. It will do right and then bunch up and then do it again then mess up again. Is it the tension? Bad thread??

simplyus642

Asked by simplyus642 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Sounds like it was too loose or maybe that the bobbins were for the wrong machine? I know when I bought extras because I needed more colors, I bought the wrong brand and could not use them because they gave me the same issue you are having.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Check the quality of your thread.

Check to make sure that the bobbin casing is properly aligned, and that the bobbin thread is facing the correct direction when the bobbin is inserted in the casing.

Make sure that the bobbin thread is wound tightly.

Check the tension of your upper and lower threads.

Make sure that your needle is threaded properly.

Make sure that when you lift the presser foot to release your project, the needle is on the ready, but nut engaged (it engages the tension of the lower thread, and sometimes makes it "catch" on the bobbin casing causing it to bunch, or ball up when you next attempt to sew.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• First thing I'd check up on would be the bobbin itself- making sure you have it in correctly and all that, then check the tension on your machine. HTH!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• check that little bitty screw on the bobbin case. It took me forever to check mine when I had the same problem.
    hansonfan1985

Answer by hansonfan1985 at 5:56 PM on May. 2, 2011

• Thanks!
    simplyus642

Comment by simplyus642 (original poster) at 6:24 PM on May. 2, 2011