A New York lawyer

A New York lawyer went duck hunting in eastern North Carolina. He shot and dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a fence. As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an older man asked him what he was doing. The lawyer responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field, I'm going to retrieve it."

The old farmer replied. "This is my property, and you are not coming over here."

The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys in the U.S. and, if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and take everything!

The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do things here in North Carolina. We settle small disagreements like this with the NC Three-Kick Rule."

The lawyer asked, "What is the NC three-Kick Rule?"

The Farmer replied. "Well, first I kick you three times and then you kick me three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up."

The New York attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that he could easily take the old southerner. He agreed to abide by the local custom.

The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the city feller. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees. His next too kicks caused the lawyer so much pain that he just about gave up. However, the New York lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet and said, "Okay, you old redneck southerner, now it's my turn."

The old North Carolina farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck."

ZeenaS.Muh

Asked by ZeenaS.Muh at 3:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Just for Fun

• LOL...thank you, I needed a laugh!!!
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughter

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• anytime!!!
    ZeenaS.Muh

Comment by ZeenaS.Muh (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• LOL!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2011