Just went out to get the mail and I found a nest with two bird eggs scattered on the ground?!

What should I do????????
I know this is kind of silly, but do you think I could raise them as pets? They're blue....doesn't that mean they're robin eggs? Any ideas would be fabulous guys! xo

BeachyBabe

Asked by BeachyBabe at 3:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pets

• I think you should just put the nest back in a nearby tree or wherever you think it came from. It'll probably be highly unlike you will be able to hatch those eggs. When I was little I found a baby robin wandering my backyard alone. It couldn't fly or anything so I brought it inside the house for 2 days to make sure it didn't get eaten. I chopped up worms really little and make a little box for it filled with scarfs and gloves and everything. It was actually really adorable and did well for the 2 days. I let it outside on the 3rd day and the mother bird (I'm assuming) flew down and was feeding it and everything! So the mothers DO come back contrary to popular belief.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would put it back somewhere, then keep an eye on it to see if the mother returns (which she might, assuming she wasn't killed by whatever knocked her nest down). If she does not return, I would call local wildlife rescues to see who takes in wild animals. We have several in our area, including a 24/7 emergency vet clinic that will take ANY kind of animal. Your local animal control might also be able to steer you in the right direction.
    Good luck, and kudos to you for trying to help--I always care so deeply about stuff like that, but find I'm usually alone there.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Once the nest is disturbed,the momma bird will not want them. In animal shelters they have wildlife section in them. I would call and see if they can take them for u.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2011