Why do women try to one up and judge?

ok so I am a new army wife and I met another girl whos husband was in basic with mine...so she starts started by asking me how long id been married I said 4 months then she laughed and said well ive been maried 8 then she continues to ask me stupid questions untill she asjed how long I had known my husband and I said 5years how long have you known yours .... She took a long pause and said 9 1/2 months ...wtf

Stark89

Asked by Stark89 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I can't stand women like that. I say avoid her. She's a negative person that only wants to make herself feel better by putting you down. Don't allow that crap in your life, Hun. Good Luck. When people try compete. I "let" them win. If they need to put me down to make themselves feel better than good for them.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• this is typical army wife strife that you will be getting from now on. I hate to say this but there are many a wives out there that think they wear their husbands rank and quite frankly it makes me laugh. No "we" didnt make it to sargent your husband did. i will give you a piece of advice that i wished someone had given me. Grow thick skin. b/c you are gonna hear it all and most of it will come from know it all wives. But on that note i would like to welcome you to the Army and i hope that you have good experiences with it. If you need any advice or wanna talk friend request me and i will answer to the best of my knowledge!! HOOOAH!!!! haha
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 3:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Maybe she is insecure. I do not judge others I am too busy living.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i say ignore her...she seems to think that she is better than you which i highly doubt... some women just want all the attention i guess and they like to undermine the rest of us
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 3:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I can't stand people like that. I think it all stems from insecurity. Why else would they have to try to one-up everything? I don't have to do that because I'm secure with who I am.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Just ignore the haters..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have been ignoring her because I,just cant deal with that kind of drama...then I find out she started talking shit about me to another girl knew and she just suits at home doesn't cok doesn't clean and has no kids...but I'm the one that is a bad person so frustrating
    Stark89

Comment by Stark89 (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2011