Wanting to look older..

im 22 and thankfully some of you said i look 28 and even 32 but that was only one pic, the other pics i got a lot of mid 2o's. in person tho, i look even younger.

i had my pallet done and cannot wear black or yellow or neon. my skin tone (fair) looks better with pastels.

pastels make me look like a little girl, so what colors make one looker older? and is dark pink appropriate in the office??

is orange too weird?

i wear lots of browns and earthy colors but it does not make me stand out and i would like to be noticeable and not blend in like im hiding under a rock

tips on looking older?

(by accesories, make up, clothing, whatever you think will do the trick)

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 3:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• what color is your hair and eyes?
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 3:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• 22 isn't that far off from mid-20s. If people are saying you look mid-20s ... then how much older do you want to look? How are you dressing? Were you the one in the pic sitting with the guy where I said you look 3 or 4 in dog years?

There will come a time in the next 10 years or so that you'll wish to look younger. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 3:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• hair blonde, eyes blue
    5'6, athletic bod
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• "Fair" ≠ "must wear pastels," I really don't think anyone should. Do jewel tones look good on you? They're great, grown-up, highly saturated colors.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• oh wow those are gorgeous, i googled jewel tones, YES this is a great start
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• lol i missed the 3-4 in dog years but yes that was probably me you saw (in the black and white pic)

i usually wear jeans and a tee shirt and flip flops, thats it and im trying not to wear sweatshirts
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• on you tube they have beaty gurus you can learn how to apply and what makeup is best for you

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 3:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• bronzer may help you not be so fair to where you can pull of more colors
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 3:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If you can find a copy of "Color Me Beautiful" that may help your case. I actually am very fair and look great in pastel colors as well as jewel tones. But the cut and fit of your clothes pays a large part in how you are perceived. I don't understand why you want to look "older". I would love to look younger than I do. I am 30 and look like I am in my mid to early twenty's, but I want to look younger with out looking trashy. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• thank you!! -W is my favorite magazine...you're right, i always notice the clothes, but i will start learning the makeup...

Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2011