What's the real point of baby powder?

I still dk,trying to think if i should buy it when she comes..

Unique11

Asked by Unique11 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby powder isn't recommended because of how bad it is for the babies to breathe it in.

However, I find it works wonders after shaving the beaver.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 3:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Lol thanks i never knew that.
    Unique11

Comment by Unique11 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I use baby powder with cornstarch on my kiddos. It makes them smell good, keeps them soft and dry and works very well on a diaper rash.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I didn't use it for the first 4months my baby born, just started using it and she's about to turn 5 months in a week. My daughter had dry skin
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yeah i always thought it was for the bum.... is it for everywhere? like after lotion? idk what the heck to do with it either lol
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 3:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Just for excess dampness. And yes, use cornstarch, not talc.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• After you take a shower and before you dry off, put some baby oil on (which btw, isn't good for babies either). Then pat dry, and when completely dry, put some baby powder on. Your skin will feel so soft! Your DH will love it.

Oh, you mean for babies? Naw, it has talc in it. Use cornstarch instead for diaper rashes.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If you do use it, dont shake it right on them & create a cloud of it..put a bit on your hand & put it on them.
    Anonymous

• Its useful at times, but mostly i would clean throughly and use Desitin for rashes, that and letting them air dry a little bit doesnt hurt. Just be careful if you have a boy, I've been peed on while putting the new one on haha
    Cherrycatt

Answer by Cherrycatt at 4:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• CRSICO LARD BLUE CAN .... WORKS THE QUICKEST AND BEST on diaper rashes. PER DOCTOR. (sounds crazy but VERY TRUE!!!) doesnt burn like all the rest does, coats the area keeping the pee from touching the area, and also allows the area to breathe. with in the 2nd application both of my kids were red to pink.

Baby Powder can cause UPPER RESP infections in children ( with the cloud of white puff)
    Baby lotion lavendar and camamille or reg baby lotion also smells good
    Cami is misspelled of course... lol
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2011