Why is my 4 year old peeing on our carpet?!?

He has been potty trained & still is. Seems like he does it for fun???

We have not made any drastic changes or even simple little ones, in our outside of our home. He is still using the potty with no problem & doesn't seem to have any issues w/ his bladder.

Help!!!!

ps: I TOTALLY got angry and tried to talk to him to ask him why he did it - he said, "I don't know." He was supposed to be laying down for his nap when I found him. I am sure I will hear that I shouldn't get mad, but this is like the third time & its so frustrating!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Did he see the dog do it?
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 4:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would be pretty angry. I think I would ask him if he needs to be in diapers. Of course I often get bashed here for my ways of dealing with things.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would spank his little bottom! Tell him that is NOT allowed and if you catch him peeing on anything but in the toilet you will spank his rear! Or if your the kind that doesn't spank do something to let him know you mean SERIOUS business with this one. Good luck!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 4:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Maybe you could make him wear diapers? If he's going to pee all over the place like a baby, he should be treated like a baby.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 4:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My 4 yo has the same problem...or had the same problem. I remember when I was 4 I also did that. I did it because I was too scard to leave my bedroom during nap time to go to the bathroom, so I went in my room. I thought that my parents would be more mad at me for leaving my room and not taking a nap. After I remember that, I talked to my daughter about how it was okay to leave her bedroom to go to the bathroom during nap time. I also talked to my husband about letting her feel comfortable about going to the bathroom when she needs to during naptime. The other thing we kind of thought was that she was doing it when she was half a sleep. She thought she was going in the potty, but it really wasn't.
    Ms.Maricel

Answer by Ms.Maricel at 4:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011