Do you think that the Middletons orchestrated Kate meeting William?

Would you have done so? Would you push your son or daughter to meet some nice person that you feel would be good for them or just let them do what they like, meet whom they wish?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• They've been together 9 yrs. Even if Mommy or Daddy orchestrated their meeting that's all the influence they had.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• No I dont think so. Everyone thought he would go to Cambridge since that is where all the Royals usually go. He decided not to and ended up in her college. She also had a long term boyfriend and was just friends with him at first. I am sure they encouraged the relationship as friends, but do you really think any parent wants their dd hounded by the media like she has been>? It was her choice ultimately and you can tell they are very much in love. You cant fake love.

Answer by gemgem at 4:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't know that much about the family and their history, but it doesn't make much difference at this point.

If I had two single friends who I know would make a great couple, I'd definitely want to introduce them. I'd probably do it as subtly as possible... such as having a party and inviting them both, along with a number of other guests, so they don't feel as though they are being pushed into anything.

So, I'd probably do the same for my own kids (they're way too young right now), but getting them in the same place at the same time is where I'd leave it. If they like each other and want to take things further then that's their business. I definitely wouldn't try to push them into dating someone just because I liked the person, or interfere with their relationships in any other way.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 4:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I don't know if the Middleton did, but I certainly would've
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I heard earlier today that KM was set to go to another college but her mom encouraged SA's(having heard that PW would be attending). Seems a bit of a  stretch. No, I can not imagine wanting such a life for my daughter. I also heard today that the Middletons will have very little contact with KM from this point, and hope that this was an erroneous, mispoken statement. 

I wish QE would turn over the helm to PC-It's time. I have seen clips of the ceremony and am impressed by how low key and classically simple it appeared. Good for this young couple-what a breath of fresh air from the usual over.the.top P and C of the Windsors-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Who cares
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Meh ...
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 6:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think that is a little bit catty and so silly. So what? They met 8 years ago and who cares HOW. I wouldn't force my kids into a relationship. I am sure they wouldn't either. But who cares?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• So, her parents found out what college he would go to, got her accepted, staged a meeting, made him like her, and then figured a way to get him to want her back after the break-up? They are good. Maybe they should figure out how to fix our gas problems.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Never really thought about it nor do I really care
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011