Were you affected by the recent tornados? Were you offended by the Royal Wedding coverage?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No and no.

That is the weirdest mash-up of questions EVER.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 4:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Not the tornado, although I did have the sirens go off 12 times in the past 9 days! LOL! But, we are very affected by flooding right now. The Mississippi is overflowing everywhere and we are in danger of losing one of Illinois' most historic towns, Cairo! But, no I am not offended by the wedding coverage... it's kind nice to hear something NOT FLOOD OR TORNADO related right now.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yes on Facebook, many people are saying that they are offended by the coverage, especially when so many people were affected and/or lives were lost.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I do think it's pretty tacky. When there are people with limited access to media trying to find out where to get help after a disaster, I doubt they want to sit through 3 hours of a wedding on another continent just to hear where the Red Cross is set up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• The tornado demolished houses as close at 2 houses away from mine, but by the grace of God didnt touch our home!!! No not offended by the coverage of the wedding. I was up bright and early to watch it.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yes and No. Apples and oranges.

Answer by gemgem at 4:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• So are people saying when one event happens NO other events should be reported on? Check out any website doing with news & there are hundreds of stories about all kinds of things. It would be a slooow news day if they only reported on ONE thing. I feel for people who have natural disasters affect them but you can't just report on ONE thing at a time.
    Anonymous

• The wedding came on at 4am, come on. It was also planned long before Tornadoes. Look I am in an area affected by the tornadoes myself and sick of the coverage. What good is the coverage anyway? Action is what is needed not media attention. People act like the media can fix anything. The are supposed to cover stories and they covered a historical event as they should have. Anyone offended needs to take the huge stick out of their ass already.
    Anonymous

• So are people saying when one event happens NO other events should be reported on?

Maybe the coverage wasn't as solid where you are, but in the rest of the country it was literally 4 straight hours of wedding feed. No interruptions for weather and traffic, not even a ticker at the bottom of the screen or the network logo with the temperature attached. It was exactly one event happening and NO other event being reported on.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• With the time difference, the wedding happened during the middle of the night PDT, and I did not watch. Clearly, I am located nowhere near the tornado area. At the light of day, the news networks were focused on the weather and disaster. Now the AM shows did have wedding clips-

I was more concerned with info re BFNP- I guess they went to b/u cooling mode. Of course, you had to hit the radio talk to hear about that, at least here on the west coast.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2011