What do u think? Am I really abandoning him? Should I feel Guilty?

Okay My DD was born in October and she was a colicky baby with reflux, so To get some sleep my self i had to Sleep In a recliner with her on my chest every night... Hubby alone slept in our room, My DD is 7 months now and I sleep with her in her room, because when I dnt have her near me I can't sleep...
hubby says he is feeling neglected and I have no time for him...I hate to leave her when I get off from work to go on dates with hubby..so we don't spend any quality time...

johnsonbaby03

Asked by johnsonbaby03 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Your marriage is very important to your baby. You need to take time to develop that relationship and keep it strong. He feels neglected, help him not to feel that way.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You need to make time for him or else someone else will. Men need to feel wanted too, so you need to give him some attention and sorry to say it but you need to get used to sleeping in your bed with your husband.

booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Are you willing to raise your daughter on your own with child support? I am not meaning that to sound harsh, but you can't neglect your hubby for your children and vice versa, as a mom and wife you have to find that happy medium between it all and share your time with everyone, while making time for yourself. If you make time for yourself and your hubby you might find that you are happier, in turn making your baby and hubby happier....it sounds like you need to buy a baby monitor and start sleeping next to your hubby again too...Good Luck hun.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I know and I agree with all of you, but I work 6 days a week and from 8 to 5 so when I get home its a few hrs and baby goes to sleep...and I feel like I am missing out...
    Its so complicated! cause I love them both...

johnsonbaby03

Comment by johnsonbaby03 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• But the baby doesnt' even know you are there. Your husband knows you aren't.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• thats why they call it bed time for little ones doll. She's fine sleeping. give some affection and love to hubby.

How would you feel if he had had enough and just went out after work came home at bed time and ignored you, stopped looking at you, just went and found companionship elsewhere??? you both can spend play time with DD but then its ya'll time... even if its 30mins to an hr, or watching tv.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 4:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I agree that you need to make time for hubby. I don't have this problem because I am single but when I was with my boyfriend he would go out instead of staying at home with us and I would feel neglected and I am in no way saying that it's the same thing but its not a good feeling, feeling neglected.
    Hope everything works out for you.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Working is hard but you have to make time for your husband. He is important but remember after all if you didn't have him you would have your DD. Sleep next to your husban!

EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 4:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It's totally fine to let your baby sleep on her own now. I identify with how difficult it was with her as a baby. I have two, one of which was collicky for a while and my youngest had a mild protein allergy that I battled for nearly two months before I found a specialist and we got the problem solved. I was up most of the night every night with her and days were no better. I cannot tell you what a relief it was to have her sleep by herself and me to sleep with my DH again. Happy marriages help make happy children. Your daughter will be okay. I know it must be so hard with working and all that but you have to try to make time for both of them. You only have your children at home for so long so you have to figure out how to soak that up but also keep your marriage. One day it will be just the two of you. Your daughter will move out eventually.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• that's a fast way for your relationship to end. You need to get out of that routine, but it may take a while. not saying it will be easy, but he has to be happy before your relationship can continue for yrs on end.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2011