Does anyone else think that the government should open up BREASTMILK banks in all local places?

We have bloodbanks to save lives, and spermbanks to start lives... why not milkbanks to give the lives we start a healthy beginning? What about the moms that can't breastfeed and still want breastmilk for their babies? I think this would be SUCH a noble cause!!

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 10:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, after doing a little research (and I do mean 'a little'), it seems that breast milk is more homeopathic than I thought. I knew about the pink eye thing, but here are some other common ailments that breast milk helps with:

Diaper rash, Sore Throat, Make-up Removal (!!!), Mosquito Bites, Stuffy Nose and Ear Infections.

Wow. Maybe CafeMom should start a company that makes homeopathic remedies made with breast milk. Too bad it can't help with negative attitudes towards breast feeding. You could just walk around squirting people all day long.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww, I didn't give my child my breastmilk, let alone someone elses. This is just nasty
    Anonymous

• eww no because what if the other mom doesnt eat healthy, they other baby thats not hers is not going to get enough nutrients!
    Anonymous

• ewwwwww gross!
    Anonymous

• No offense but are you guys stupid? They screen the mothers that donate JUST like they screen sperm and blood donors. And you think it's gross to give your own baby your breast milk? *laughs* wow!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 10:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• There is a breastmilk bank at a University here who takes donations from all over the state, you have to have a prescription to get it though. They also use on transplant patients and people with other immune issues because they says it's good for them too! I was going to donate to them, but the old man got kind of freaked out at the thought of anyone other than our son drinking my breastmilk, lol men are soooo funny sometimes.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:26 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I doubt the majority of people would go for that. There's nothing to replace your blood but well other blood, but there is more then one way to feed a baby. You can die without blood if you lose yours but your baby can sustain life on formula if you so choose that.
    Anonymous

• I think it is a great idea
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 10:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• LOL I find it funny that people prefer liquid from a lactating animal than from a person... it's WEIRD!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 10:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Breast Milk is gross, my breast were not on my baby's menu. Yuck! Besides that would work as well as blood transfusions that were screened and people still got diseases. Good luck with this non-sense

Anonymous