To wear a breast pad or not to...

ds is a month now and my milk seems to be stable now. On occasion though I will leak so my Q is would you wear and change breast pads daily or just suck it up and deal with the wet circle every now and then?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was 6 months when I started school and I thought I was good because I hadn't leaked in FOREVER. One day I was standing there and my arm brushed against my boob and it was SOAKED. I was SO embarassed.....luckily I had a jacket! I would rather be safe than sorry. When I'm at home I don't wear them though...who cares at home! lol
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 5:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If you are going to be in public, be safe and use the breast pad. Very little strangers will know what the wet circle is.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would change them and use them daily. I hated getting my shirts stained so recommend to use them. Plus its embarrassing walking with two wet circles>LOL

booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I used them for quite awhile. Even when I didnt leak all the time. I still used one just in case. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I use them now. I prefer them. I am also one of those people who cant even sleep without underwear on, so making sure im covered on all bases just is more comfortable. Plus if you think about it, would you rather change a small pad several times, or your shirt several times?......
    Cherrycatt

Answer by Cherrycatt at 5:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i bought the washable nursing pads! they were great i wore them almost the whole time i was nursing!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My Mom made pads for me that I could just wash. She took a disposable to use as a size guauge. The bought white t-shirt knit. 3 layersserge or zig zig around the edges and straight stitch a small x in the center. Never again did I have paper stuck to a nipple. I had to wear them until I weaned.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I used the Lansinoh ones..they work great. SOmeone gave me the Gerber ones and they didn't cover nearly as much...leaked everywhere...I would personally wear one, just b/c I don't like the feel of leakage :) They do make non disposable ones that you can wash...But yes, I would wear them in public...might look a little tacky walking around with wet circles on your shirt.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I will use them when going out but I don't like the one's that are available now. With my first 3 kids I used the gerber one's. Now I can't find them, I live in Canada so I don't know if that's why I can't find them anymore. I have 4 different kinds and like none of them, they stick to my nipple and get so bunched up despite the clever little sticky thing.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• my daughter is 4 months now and always wear my breastpads and nursing bra. I miss the days where i could walk around in a normal bra though, lol. It's not much fun wearing them but they do save you laundry. I tryed a few brands and the only one i liked that NEVER leaked for me was Lansinoh. I used to leak pretty bad, but i'm alot better now. But i would keep wearing them until your done breastfeeding. At least it's not forever, although it may seem like it :)
    lovemylife88

Answer by lovemylife88 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2011