I am 37 weeks and today my Dr said I am 4cm dilated. How long did you stay 4cm dilated? Days? Weeks?

I was in labor and in the hospital when I was 4cm dilated with my last baby. Now I am freaking out thinking I will go into labor really soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was induced at 4 to 5 centimeters so i went two days that i knew of at it..
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I've never been 4cm without being in labor before either! I can't imagine going on that long like that, good luck to you I would be walking my butt off if I were you!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I've only been 4cm while in labor. Good luck!!!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I only made it to 3 both times and had a c-sec sorry. GOOD LUCK
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I was at 4 when i went in for a doc appt and was very uncomfortable (my whole pregnancy had been even though i was overdue, so iwas one of those Awful lucky ones that didn't complain about being overdue). I wasn't in labor though. I have no idea how long i was at 4, i was at 2 the week prior i believe (it's been a while, but iw as dialated to 1 then 2 for Forever with both kids and i THINK to 3 with one of them). they decided to induce me since i was there and overdue anyway.
    kandycain

Answer by kandycain at 11:10 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• My son was born at 35 weeks. I was 4 cm for a month!!! As soon as I hit 5 they induced me.
    RyansMommy7507

Answer by RyansMommy7507 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Ugh on #2 I was for like 2 weeks, and the dr said I couldn't have sex because of risk of infection.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I was at four when I checked into the hospital, but my water had broken and my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart as well.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:06 AM on Dec. 4, 2008