Sister/bridesmaid question??

ok so I recently got engaged and while we havnt started any plans we are thinking 2013, all great all happy, my problem is I have 2 sisters, one is 2 years younger than me and the other is 7, the eldest of the 2 drives me crazy and I only get on with her for the sake of my nephew and parents, I get on with my youngest but she only bothers with me when she is bored, to be honest they only bother me when they want or need something, anyway going off point, what I wanted to ask ye ladies is "would I be wrong if I didnt ask them to be my bridesmaids" I have 2 bestfriends who I talk to daily, see alot and are always there for me and I want them to be my bridemaids even though I know its gonna cause alot of drama with my family, my 2 friends would be perfect as they are super organised and would help me, I know my sisters would only see the wedding as a chance to dress up and get drunk.. please help.. I know not a massive problem but it is to me..

DawnLauren

Asked by DawnLauren at 5:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Are you only having 2 bridesmaids? Then it should be who you want. I thought you were asking about your maid of honor.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 5:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• maybe have them all be bridesmaids?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• my bf is gonna be maid of honour, that will never change, I only wanted 2 bridemaids because of cost.
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Have 4 bridesmaids, then.

Good luck on picking your maid of honor.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Exactly....have 4 bridesmaids that way there is less drama. Neither of them will be the maid/matron of honor.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Well it's not til 2013, so a lot can change between here & there. Just be proactive & communicate whenever the planning stage gets here, & let your sisters know you want your friends to stand up with you. Don't be all shady & avoid it, that's where the drama starts.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 5:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Its your wedding, not theirs. You should be able to have it the way you want it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Your wedding, your decision.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Go with what your heart tells you if you give in to what others say you can ruin your special day i had my two best friends as maids of honor and totally angered my husbands family they thought i should have my sister in law as a maid of honor but she and i get on each others nerves and couldn't let that touch my wedding don't let others influence you your wedding your choice make it the best one for you good luck and congratulations on your wedding :D
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 7:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Do they even want to be bridesmaids? I would ask them if they want to be guests and enjoy the wedding or have responsibilities at it. Maybe you are worrying for nothing because they won't want to participate. Honestly, I would just have all of them as bridesmaids. I don't see how it will be that costly. Bridesmaids buy their own dresses. You would have to pay for them to come to dinner anyway. What are the costs..transportation, bridesmaids gifts?
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 10:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2011