Teeth enamal

I used alot of whitening products on my teeth - obviously because I wanted them whiter... they did not work - and now I seem to be stuck with nasty looking coloring on them... as if the enamal was peeled off ? Now they are worse than they were and I dont know how to fix it - or if it is possible to fix it without spending a ton of money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I'm pretty sure you should only use them according to the directions. If you used them more often, or mult products at a time that could be why that's thecase. I'd suggest give it a little time without using any whitening products. Are your teeth more sensitve to cold/heat/etc than normal? If they are I'd suggest going to a dentist. If not, give it time and if it doesn't go away you may still need to go to the dentist. If you really have lost enamal that can be bad for you in the long run. as far as monetarily, if it goes away on it's own over time obviously that will cost you less, but i have no idea how to fix it if it doesn't besides talking to a dentist
    kandycain

Answer by kandycain at 11:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Teeth bleaching was discovered by accident in 1984. A periodontist was looking for a new method to treat gum disease. He tried using a peroxide paste which did not work but the side effect was it lightened the teeth. The problem with teeth bleaching products is that excess use can cause pitting (holes) in the enamel.
    In answer to your question, you will have to see a dentist. How the dentist treatment plans you will depend on the amount of damage done. The dentist might suggest composite fillings, veneers, or crowns. Costs can vary.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:04 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• The enamel on your teeth is all you get for life. When it disappears, there's no getting it back. I would see a dentist and see if he can recommend anything for the future. Stop using those bleaching kits though...they are bad.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2008