Blow Drying hair

So, I had some free time and decided to blow dry my hair and straighten it. I usually never blow dry my hair except when I'm just scrunching it with mouse and doing the curly look. My hair is naturally curly/wavy. And OMG, my hair is soooooo soft and has sooo much volume. It looks so nice I almost decided not to straighten it but, I'm going to anyway. It has a little wave in it but it looks nice. I used a straightening creme from pantene and some heat protecting spray from Tresemme. Only down fall is that it took FOREVER. Any ideas on what would make it take less time?

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 5:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You could just use one product that would handle all your issues. I always recommend Enjoy Hair and Skin Treatment Oil. I put it in my hair before blow drying and again before straightening. It's weightless, non greasy, humidity resistant, and it's a heat protectant.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I towel dry my hair as much as possible before blow dyring it. Sometimes I'll let it air dry a little before too. Like maybe do your makeup and get dressed and then blow dry and straighten. I have no adive for faster straightening though. Sorry!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have a wet 2 straight straightner it's make to straighten your hair when wet I use heat protection products before straightening
    retent

Answer by retent at 6:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I also towel dry my hair as much as possible before I start the drying process. Also, I use NO product on my wet hair, as it increases my dry time, sometimes by as much as an extra half hour (even if I only use a little product) ... I have a lot of hair and it's thick and wavy.  Any product I do use, I use on my dry hair before after I dry but before I flat iron. 

Anonymous