A toddler is a little too aggressive towards your toddler, do you tell your friend you can't hang out because their LO is too aggressive? How do you expect them to react? How would you react if roles were reversed?

Can we say Awkward...lol

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 5:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just tell her something like, "Last time we were together Timmy kind of scared Molly when he shoved her. She was really upset, so I'm not sure she'll want to play with him." Maybe your friend will promise to keep a really close eye on her DS, and you could agree to try it once more. If it happens again, just tell her, "I'm so sorry but I think Molly is a little scared of Timmy!"
    NickiKidsOnGo

Answer by NickiKidsOnGo at 10:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think I'd just say something right at the time that thier child was being aggressive and if they continued to do nothing to stop that child from hurting my child..I think my friend would know why I didnt want to hang with them anymore. If the shoe were on the other foot..I'd have to say I don't think I'd let it get that far because I'd always stop my child from being agressive right at that moment.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Well, I guess just come out with it. If I were the other mom, I'd like to know, rather than just abruptly ending the relationship.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I wouldn't quit hanging out all together at first. Talk about it....discuss it...see if there is a change. If there isn't a change, THEN quit hanging out.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would point out the aggressive issue right as it occurs. Tell your friend, "Hey, I don't like when he {hits} my child." (Or whatever). If the behavior continues, the next time she asks you to have a play date, just tell her flat out, "I'm sorry but I don't like how aggressive your child is with mine, I don't think letting them play together is a good idea. If you and I can find some time to hang out just the two of us, I would I love to see you."

No one would tell me my child was too aggressive, because I don't allow her to be.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• She does stop him everytime and so do I but he just keeps doing it. He's 2 yr old. I don't think she'll take it lightly if I say that we can't hang out since we are both sahm and have our children 24/7.
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• There really isn't a time, for her at least, when we cam be without the children. So basically it will br like telling her, I won't see you again when you have your DS or unless I'm without my DD.
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If she is correcting him then it would not be the end of our relationship...especially since you said he is two, two can be a pretty aggressive age for some children. If she wasn't correcting him then I would and if she couldn't take a hint I would talk to her. Beyond that most kids do outgrow it so I would hang on, be vigilant and realize that in time it should get better.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• up-site but tell your friend too take away their tollers sweets or toys teach them how to play nice
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 10:54 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Just talk to your friend don't let the behavior of a child ruin a good friendship. Be kind about it think about how you would feel and try to handle it that way.
    xpressmom

Answer by xpressmom at 2:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2011