How much should I charge for house cleaning?

I live in Tampa, FL area. I have been out of work for a while and thought I might get back into house cleaning again. (I used to live in Asheboro, NC and I cleaned houses there.) I just don't know what to charge here. Like for a 3 brm house with 2 baths how much should I charge? For a 4 brm house with 2 or more baths how much should I charge? And if you live in the Tampa area and need a house cleaner or know someone that does please let me know.

dlshaner

Asked by dlshaner at 5:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• A cousin of mine started out chraging $30 a house per week. She had the same clients every week. but now shes moved up to businesses so dont how much she charges now
    Anonymous

• I live in WA so I don't know much about the florida market but my inlaws have a 3 bedrm 2 bth house and they have a housekeeper that comes once a week and she gets $100 a week. That might be steep, not sure.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I live in S. FL and we pay our house cleaner $15/hr. She usually takes about 5 to 6 hrs to clean our house.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have someone who helps clean my house for me. I pay her $125 every two weeks. She comes in once a week and works for 1-2 hours. I dont know if that helps lol.
    Anonymous

• I live in SRQ,Fl and I think my mom pays $15/hr for her cleaning lady.
    I would love to talk to you about what I do...if you are interested, send me a message
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Goto sittercity.com and use their calculator. That's how I find sitters, house cleaners, dog sitters, etc each time we move.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My SIL pays her housekeeper roughly $100 to $150 to clean her house...it's 3 bedrooms plus a bonus and it includes vacuuming, mopping the kitchen and both bathrooms, and scrubbing both bathrooms. It does not include dishes or laundry. Sometimes she will clean out the refrigerator. This is in a relatively small city in SC. I would imagine you could charge more. I would start at $20-$30 an hour and figure out how long each size house would take you and base your prices on that.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Thank you all for your great comments. I went on Craigslist and put in an ad on Fri on Sat I got a call for me to clean and not only that she needs an assistant to help with her business so I think I have a job.
    dlshaner

Comment by dlshaner (original poster) at 9:19 AM on May. 1, 2011