How can I design purses that women will want to buy? I'd love your help!

I want to start a small purse business, and I would LOVE some help!  I actually would like to know from women the things that they like and don't like about purses. Are there things you wish purses had, or things you wish they didn't? Do you like small, medium, or large? Do you buy them for the uniqueness or so they look like other popular purses?
I have more questions, but I'll stop here. I know is long.
Thank you to anyone who will be willing to give me some feedback! I really need your help!

aspiringcrafter

Asked by aspiringcrafter at 6:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Keep it simple at first.
    Basic square shapes in either black or purple are usually appealing. Try to make something classic that can go from daywear to evening. If you're going to do a small bag line then I suggest doing clutches. Simplicity is key at first, you don't want to blow anyone's mind with too much print or pattern at first. Try simple embellishments, not too much things that make noise or are too gaudy. Show some pics I might buy. Good Luck.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I am a purse freak ... always have been. I love leather. I'm not interested in any other fabric. I grew up in Europe where everyone typically invests in an expensive, classic, quality leather purse that will last several lifetimes. I like structured purses ... the current "style" of purses out there right now look like a bunch of potato sacks to me. I like a touch of bling but, again, the current style is totally over the top as far as bling. I personally use small, medium, and large bags. Usually small when tooling around town with my kids, medium for work, and large when traveling.

Just to give you an idea, my favorite purses that I own are Beijo, La Tour Eiffel, Coach (classic collection from years back), Burberry, Louis Vuitton, and Arcadia.

Anonymous

• I like small purses with an adjustable strap, and the ability to take the strap off all together.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Thank you for your responses! You all have helpful insights! I haven't made any yet, but as soon as I do, I will definitely send you a picture! (Bugzmomma)
    aspiringcrafter

Comment by aspiringcrafter (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

Agreed with above. I love leather purses, and large ones. I'm a purse freak too.
    Marc Jacobs is my fav!
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I like leather bags big and small
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Make them white on the inside. or any other bright color. I hate having the inside of my purse be black...its harder to find anything.
    BlueMockingbird

Answer by BlueMockingbird at 1:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I think for me it is unique but not too crazy. The utilization is also what attracts me to a purse. I do know as far as fashion tends they seem to be HUGE in my book, but on the other hand you are looking at multiple markets too some like them large some like them small. If you keep up with fashion trends though it might not be the wisest idea because as soon as that trend is over it will be harder to sell. So try to go with something that will always work it way into fashion :) good luck and when you do kick it off send me message I might buy one to help you get your start :) I am purse hound I admit it = )
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2011