Weaning to a sippy

So my 11 month son takes a sippy cup fine...for water or juice. But we recently started putting milk in it and he takes about an ounce and then rejects it wanting a bottle again. We've worked on a system where we give him the first ounce (or however long he'll drink) and then do a bottle after so the milk or formula doesn't go bad. I'm just worried he's NEVER get it! Just need a little encouragement or suggestions!

Sarahbeth7

Asked by Sarahbeth7 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm going through the same thing with my nearly TWO year old daughter! She'll drink anything out of a sippy, except milk. Milk must be in a bottle or she won't drink it at all. I know I've been overly indulgent with this issue, but sometime in the next month she's going to have to make the switch on her own, or I'll just have to toss out the bottles and make her go cold-turkey without them.

Anyway, I know that wasn't much help, so I'll bump it for you.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 6:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• the nuby three stage cup with the cup just like a bottle nipple first is the best a week and my daughter was completly off bottle...
    xoxo_xoxo645

Answer by xoxo_xoxo645 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I'll have to look for that...we've tried like EVERY nuby...freaking expensive things....
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• He will be fine. He associated milk with his bottle, thats ok he is only 11mo.
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 2:34 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Thanks genevieve55 :) Sometimes you just need reassurement!
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 8:02 AM on May. 3, 2011