Would this make you as mad as it did me?

I was in wal mart and my 2 year old decided he wanted something and when Dh told him no he started to cry (not scream) so anyway this woman walking next to us started talking to my son and patting him then she started wiping his tears with her hand. Ugh it made me so mad and it took everything in me not to tell her to get her hands of my baby and that it is rude to touch someones baby w/o permission never mind wipe his tears with her hand. SO GROSS!!! I have NO IDEA where her hands had been before that! Do you think I'm over reacting? Would I have been out of place to tell her not to touch my baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would have looked at her and said "EXCUSE ME"?!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Id be pissed if anyone laid a hand on my child for any reason.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I'm sorry, but I would have said something. NO STRANGER touches my kids...period!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Well, since she was wiping his tears away, I'm assuming she was trying to be nice. Perhaps in her desire to comfort him, she did cross a line and invade some personal space, but her intentions were good and I wouldn't have been a bitch about it. I would have just smiled and taken my child's hand and left. If I was terribly concerned about germs, maybe we would go to the bathroom and wash up.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You are definitely not over reacting. There are way too many diseases going around and germs for people to be doing that. I was at the store the other day and this woman walked up and grabbed my nephew out of my arms and said "he's cute I'm gonna hold him" !! I'm like oh hell no you aren't and yanked him back LoL It took all I had not to punch her in the face right then and there. People need to learn there are boundaries when it comes to our children and it's better if they don't cross them. Did you say anything to the woman ?
    Mrs.Harris138

Answer by Mrs.Harris138 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• no thats horrid i had a lady had my 2 year old an item in a store when she started fussing while i was looking on the bottom shelf...then said is mom ignoring u i almost snapped ppl are fricking weird!
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would definitely be upset. I've had cashiers try and comfort my daughter when she was upset about not getting her way. I try to be polite, "She is crying because she didn't get her way. Please ignore her until she stops." I would definitely have stopped the woman before she touched my daughter. That is just not okay...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 6:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• seriously guys? freaking out over someone being nice to a child?

I only got pissed when someone felt the need to tell my kids they needed to behave better- but not so much at the person telling them that, more at the kids for being so awful to cause them to feel the need. Ugh
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• @Mrs.Harris No I didn't say a word. I was trying to be calm and I just kept walking and she just walked with us all the way to the door. (she was an employee or she may have walked us to the car) I just didn't want to say something I shouldn't. I'm not the type of person to be mean in any way but I was SO MAD I really wanted to hit her and I'm usually a very calm person Lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• yeah I would be ad to cause she touched ur kid without asking. I can see she was probally not meaning to do any harm.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 6:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011