Obsessed with his niece ?

Hi.
My husband has many nephews and nieces, but I find his obsession with one of them (a 14 year old) kind of too much.

When I met my husband his home was PACKED with family pics, but especially with Poster-size pics of him with his niece. When I asked him to put one picture of me (us) in his house, he said he needs to know me better... It took him i.5 years to place a picture of me.

When my home was on fire 1 year ago, he couldn't talk to me on the phone, as "she was visiting" and they had a family dinner. When I thought I was pregnant, he couldn't talk as they were playing cards. We are married for 1 year now, and he has 14 pics of her in his wallet, none from me. Her pics and personal items are in every room of our home: seashells from her, (but he threw away the ones fm our first date).Next to his bed, he keeps her big fairytale book. I feel sick of this, totally unloved. TO BE CONTINUED...

EscapeGirl

Asked by EscapeGirl at 6:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• wow...that is really odd. ....
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Uh, yeah. Sounds quite creepy so far...
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• The issue is... he doesn't do this sweet, romantic stuff for me.

In his pc he's got HUNDREDS PICS of her doing fun activities ... when she was 10, he decorated the bathroom with so many candles and he took pics of her in the bath tub ... a little girl with so many candles around her.

We are married for 1 year now, he knows me for 2 years now, but he's never done this kind of romantic stuff... not even on our honeymoon (he had no proper, romantic honeymoon, no trip anyway...)

When he meets her in family gatherings, he tells her how pretty she is, how she got tall etc... he never says this stuff to me...
    I'm sorry ladies, but I'm so fed up with this, I just don't know what to do...
    I have no expectations from him, and he clearly states to me ... "he's not romantic. he's a practical person".

Please advise...

EscapeGirl

Comment by EscapeGirl (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Sounds like his relationship with his neice is more than just being an uncle... have you tried talking to him about it hun?
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• He keeps the stuff like she was his kid instead of his niece?

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• uuum taking pictures of her in a bathtub with a romantic feel is totally and completely inappropriate!!!!!!!!!!! I feel so sorry for this little girl. You need to stand up for her. Please please talk to someone....she needs you
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 6:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Clearly an issue long before the marriage. Your needs were not being met. Why would you continue the relationship and marry him if this is a huge issue for you??

I see this as kinda creepy, the bathroom pics with candles etc... Not so sure about this one.

Have you talked to him, do you think something more is going?? How does the family see this issue with their relationship, excessive pics etc??
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• That seems very inappropriate...taking pics of her in the bathtub with candles?? Does her parents know this?
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• yeah, really strange. im worried for the little girl and for you, i would leave this marriage if he is obsessing over the girl. cant you call in an anonymous tip of abuse or something and let them what you think is going on???
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 7:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Have you spoken to her parents about it? someone should
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011