Induction is 4 days away!

ive been trying EVERYTHING to get labor going on its own... no luck. not even a slight change in my cervix! still 2cm and 70% effaced... ive been walking so much for a week, using a birthing ball, eating spicy food everything! (sex is out of the question) i had diareah last night and was praying that meant labor was soon, and have been having very uncomfortable bh contractions for 2 weeks now. constant for a week like 5 mins apart non stop. ive barely even been able to sleep. what else can i do? should i just accept my induction? im upset too because ill have to deliver at a different hospital, have a different pediatrician see my daughter when shes born (the one i picked doesnt go to the other hospital) it just feels like nothing is going right! the reason for my induction is she basically stopped growing inside my womb so shes do better off outside. i know i should just be happy if she arrives safely and be excited to meet her but im still very sad my bodys not cooperating and all of my original plans are getting ruined.... i keep waiting for more things to go wrong now... its just like, whats next?

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• its ok i had to get induced and i was very scared but everything worked out better than i thought
    alsmail

Answer by alsmail at 6:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• aww dont worry. 4 days is almost here and then you will be verrrrrrry happy!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 6:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I had the same feelings about being induced but just stay positive and know that soon you will be holding that beautiful lil one in your arms and you won't even remember what you were so upset about!! Keep your head up mama!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 7:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I was induced for the same reason with my last pregnancy, it's kind of weird getting ready to go to the hospital to have your baby when you're not in labor but mine went fine, my SIL just had one to and she said she was so happy she didn't have to go into labor on her own. LOL Just think FOUR DAYS! WOO HOO
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 7:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I can completely understand where you're coming from! I will be induced tomorrow at 8 am......and I too am not looking forward to it. I really wanted to go naturally but my O.B. is saying it will be safer for her to be born via induction. I too am also 2 cm dilated, but i was told today I'm 80% effaced. I do not look forward to the induction, however I look forward to a healthy safe child, so I'm hoping that this is the correct choice, made by the doctors. I guess I get to think less than one day...woo hoo.....but i understand its hard, because honestly that's not what i'm thinking right now.....Good Luck!
    khebert

Answer by khebert at 7:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Just because labour starts dosen't necessairly mean you won't be induced either. I had my water break at home with 2 of my babies and still had to be induced because things were moving too slowly. But my word once they started....
    To help get things started though I did the following: went for a long walk, I mean long, scrubbed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees and added hot sauce to everything I ate. I did the walk and kitchen floors in the same night after baithing and putting the kids to bed. Good luck and I hope you find some peace with being inducted.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If it isn't a medical necessity, I'd say wait until 41 weeks before agreeing to it.

I was induced due to pre-eclampsia, and my body just wouldn't/couldn't cooperate with the OB's intentions. We ended up having an unplanned C-section after 24+ hours of contractions...

While the end result was a baby, this particular path to Baby isn't one I would wish on my worst enemy!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I was bummed too! I had all of these plans to avoid any drugs etc... Either way, we have to trust our Docs and know that they are doing what's best for us and baby. Godd luck doll!! 4 days and you get to hold your little blessing ;-)
    praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 30, 2011