What do i do?

I pulled my 2 kids out of daycare the other day becausei had to incidents with them that i did not apprieciate . The first one was my two year old came home and said mommy the teacher at daycare hurt my arm i asked my daughter which arm and she showed me and i rolled up her sleeve and there was a bruise mark. then later that week i sent them from 7 am to 4 pm and packed 5 bottles and a bottle of juice and 3 jars of baby food for my 10 month old at the time when i picked them up at 4 and looked in the diaper bag when i got home nothing was used i recieved everything i has in the daiper bag i had packed the night before the same why when i picked them up so i called and they said they gave him oodle of noodles and someones elses baby formula im so upset about this and they also sent me a letter stating all this. what do i do and how would you feel?

alsmail

Asked by alsmail at 6:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sue the bastards. If they did this to your child best believe their doing it to other children. Report the bruise and take pictures. Make sure your child tell the officer what happened.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 6:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• agree with bugzmomma! you have no clue what going on there...
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 6:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Was it a licensed home day care? If so that needs to be reported! There are stanards that have to be upheld and that place was not doing that!!!
    momto3-96

Answer by momto3-96 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• its to late to take pictures the bruise is almost gone and the letter does say they fed my son but not what i sent him they fed him someone elses food and formula that is what i am so upset about
    alsmail

Comment by alsmail (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Get ur kids the hell out of there. Get a lawyer.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Do not take your children back there. If it's too late to document the abuse and neglect photographically, you can still make a sworn statement. I agree with Bugzmomma on letting your child tell what happened, although some states won't consider the testimony viable (sadly). If you owe the daycare, I wouldn't pay them either. I had an in-home provider leave my older DD in the front yard all day a couple of summers ago with the other children, no diaper changes and no indoor play. DD has pale white skin and no sun block was applied. When I picked her up her diaper was so full of both types of ick that it was sagging down to her knees and she had a severe rash all over her genitals and inner thighs. She was horribly sunburned and covered in dirt. I never took her back, never paid the lady for the week of "service." It turned out though, that her "certification" wasn't valid and it was my mistake for not checking more into cont.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 8:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• cont. her qualifications. I'll never make a childcare decision on the fly again.
    AmourSpork

• Sounds like it's time for a new daycare and I might even report them,
    PaCsSupermom

Answer by PaCsSupermom at 9:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I'm not surprised... I've worked in several different child care centers and its almost always the same story. Nobody really knows whats going on. Its all about making things LOOK good so they can make money. (I can't speak for ALL day care centers... but definitely several I worked at. Plus I recently tried to apply for a job at a newer center, and had to go spend an hour observing, and it was the same thing. I turned down the job because I didn't want to be part of something like that again!)
    NickiKidsOnGo

Answer by NickiKidsOnGo at 10:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i would be as mad as u are i went through something similar and i would report them and turn them in.
    lilma966

Answer by lilma966 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2011