Does your health insurance cover newborn circumcision?

Mine doesn't. The expense of having a baby right before Christmas is stressful enoungh! Now I found out that our insurance doesn't cover circumcisions and we will have to pay up front.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i have state insurance so yes mine does but when i had the insurance in TN their werent willing to pay for it
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Nope, it's considered "cosmetic" so hubby and I paid $250 cash when we got it done.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 10:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• WOW.... if I have 250 dollars cash the last thing I'd be using it for was to wack off wienie parts... I'd be shoe shopping!!! HELLL YA... after nine months of being pregnant I'd totally be hittin the mall....
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 10:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Insurance I had with #1 didn't, insurance I had with #2 did. I have no idea if this one will be covered or not lol. I'm not even positive I'm going to have it done this time after what they did to my poor second son.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I'm not sure. It might but we didn't get it done so we never had to worry about it.
    Anonymous

• I don't know if it is covered or not because I don't think it is right. It is so cruel and inhumane to do that to a newborn baby boy. My husband and I actually did our research when we had our son, and everything we read said that there is no reason to have it done except for cosmetic reasons or for religious reasons. As long as you aren't lazy and you teach your son to bathe properly there is no reason to have it done. When they are older they actually might thank you for not having it done because a circumcised penis actually gets desensitized (because of all the rubbing inside of underpants and what not) and a uncircumcised penis is more sensitive making sex much more pleasurable. I am so thankful that I was not barbaric and did not have a piece of my son's penis cut off a day after he entered this world.

Anonymous

• I will be able to find out in enough time but right now I am unsure of what they cover and don't cover. I am just in my 4th month so I am contented in not knowing just yet lol...and I can kind of agree with babydio ....I would love to shop for me lol....weenies can wait. But I hope it is on there in case I have a boy...if not I will have to wait a few weeks to get it done.
    Ellie4040

Answer by Ellie4040 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Mine did, thankfully! I think it was only $150, anyway, but Blue Cross covered it.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:04 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I think our insurance would cover it, but we decided not to anyhow. The foreskin is a normal, healthy, and beneficial body part, so we left it on our son. Also, I didn't want to deal with the extra work of caring for a circumcised baby. Diaper changes are so easy when you DON'T circumcise. I might have decided against circumcision for that reason alone!

sallymoon

Answer by sallymoon at 6:54 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yep hubby's insurance does. It is consider part of the newborn care. Basically anything the hopsital does to my little guy is covered.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2008