Would this kind of annoy you?

I adopted both my son and my daughter from the same mom. She gave up rights to my daughter and my son was taken away by CPS. ANYWAY!...Every now and then she starts calling for a few weeks then stops for a few months and so on. Well, she started calling again recently, we talked & I sent pics. Then she starts asking to borrow money again so I kind of started avoiding some of her calls. Well today she sends me a text that says "send pics of da baby" ............ I feel like she is demanding it. If she would have said something along the lines of " hey how are yall doing?can you please send pics of brody" i would have no problem sending her as many pics as she wanted!

What does she think I'm going to jump just because she says so?!?!

Maybe I'm just over reacting but goodness that text sure did annoy the heck out of me!

HannahLee87

Asked by HannahLee87 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Adoption

• I can see how that would be annoying. You owe her NOTHING especially not money. Obviously she has some growing up to do...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Maybe you should block her out until the kids are older. She sounds like she is using your kids to get to you.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• no i would be annoyed i mean you being nice anouth to give her photo i dont know if you have to , but i be so annoyed being told what to do must of the time i'm happy to be nice but why is she asking you for money !
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 7:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i would tell her to go away
    mum2flowers

Answer by mum2flowers at 7:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• NO feralkitten I do not have to have contact with her at all. I was just trying to be nice. I understood it must be hard for her to have kids and give them up/ lose them........ She always asked for money even before I adopted and her daughter was just staying with me.... She would bring her son to me at 2 and 3:00 in the morning and ask for gas money to get home!! Once I got custody of both of them I never gave her a dime. I did before because if I didnt take him he went with his aunt who just got out of jail for soliciting drugs and prostitutes!

HannahLee87

Comment by HannahLee87 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• by law i still have to let my step kids mum see photo but all i have to do if let her email the kids and i can eddit the email to what i feel is ok then let the kids wright back IF THE WONT TO . it drives me nuts but oh well . if i wear you i just do a photo a year or something and keep letter or photo till they get bigger sound like this women is not 100% right in the head sorry it just how i see it
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 7:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• No it's because you let her in one time the first time you took her call to talking to her again and sending pic. Now she's in she thinks she can do what ever she wants to you and you will give in. How old are the kids? If they are yound then you should just think about them and go on with your life with out her in it popping up when ever she feel like it. The was a reason why the kids are with her right will then. You need to keep your mind on the kids only. Dont worry what she fells like now and then oh can I have a pic crap for get her. Like you said it would of been nice for her to have said how are is every one doing etc. The chick sounds like she only thinks of her self so you need to just not keep in touch with her. She shouldnt be asking for money she should be sending the kids things. I may be wrong her so dont take it personal I dont really know the relationship you have going with her and the kids if they know abou
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• She isnt right. She's only 21 and has tons of issues mentally...... I didnt want her having my address so I got a PO box because the family wanted to send and recieve pic of the kids and send gifts and stuff for hilidays. I had it over a year and never recieved nothing but sales ads in the box. So, letters are out the question. She dosent have a computer or a way to get to or from a public library to send e mails So, silly me allowed phone calls and texts and now I wish I wouldnt have. I think I'm going to have a talk with her next time she calls and if it happens again I'll ask her not to call anymore.

HannahLee87

Comment by HannahLee87 (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• they are 6 and 3.... she never asks to talk to them she just talks about herself and how shes proud of herself for finally getting her food stamps and disability.... now that I'm looking at it you're right butterflies she does only think about herself! I never really thought about it I just talked to her then sent and few pics.... but OMG why did I not notice this?!?! I feel silly now!
    HannahLee87

Comment by HannahLee87 (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You need to message Blessed3times. She has the same problem with her sons birth mother asking for money and stuff.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2011