HOW DO I COME FROM THIS? =(

MY MOTHER AND I HAVE HAD A ROCKY RELATIONSHIP SINCE I TURNED13 BUT THINGS GOT WORST WHEN I TURNED 17 AND GOT PREGNANT, SHE PUT ME OUT WHEN MY BABY TURNED 3 MONTHS OLD. SHE HATED MY BABY'S FATHER AND WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH US SO WE BOTH MOVED OUT AND DID OUR OWN THING AND WE GOT MARRIED YAY RIGHT? NO SHE DIDNT SHOW UP AT ALL! AND NOW IM 19 AND THE BABY IS 13 MONTHS NOW AND SHE WANTS TO BE ALL MOTHER DAUGHTER LIKE AND SHE WANTS TO BE AROUND THE BABY ALL OF SUDDEN...........I HAVE FORGIVEN HER BUT I HAVENT FORGOTTEN NEITHER WHAT SHOULD I DO? SHOULD I ACT LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED AND MOVE ON (BECAUSE I WANT MY DAUGHTER TO KNOW HER GRANDMOTHER?) OR SHOULD I JUST LOVE HER FROM A DISTANCE?

SORRY THIS POST IS SOOOOO LONG I HAD TO VENT!!!!

KColeman90

Asked by KColeman90 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Love her from a distance until she proves she has changed.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You and your mom need to have a really serious talk about your differences. As hard as it may be for you to accept, you are probably partly at fault, too. I'm sure at the very least you have had a bad attitude toward her at some point in all this, so you can apologize to her for whatever fault you may have. Then you can tell her how badly you felt when she kicked you out or whatever else you feel you really need to tell her. Unless you clear the air with her, you are likely to harbor some feelings of ill will toward her. What I think you should shoot for is a fresh start. It may be a hard conversation to have, but I think it will be worth the effort to get everything that needs to be aired out into the open. There is no relationship quite so sweet as the one between granddaughter and grandmother, so give that to your little girl. She will love you for it when she is old enough to apprecaite it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If you could sit down and have a heart to heart with her about the way she made you feel back then that would be great, maybe you both could talk about how you felt back then and get it off your chest. And then you both let it go and move on from it.Maybe it could strengthen your relationship with her at this point. I think its great that she wants to be around her grandchild and be a part of your lives now. Keep in mind that even moms are human and make mistakes and sometimes deserve a second chance..your going to need to know that now that your a mommy too :)
    I know it helps me to understand another persons feelings by trying to picture myself in thier shoes in certain situations and I ask myself how I wouldve felt and how would I have reacted.
    I hope the relationship between you and your mom can grow and get better over time.Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2011