Do you write in cursive or print your letters? Can your kids write in cursive?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/28/us/28cursive.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=general#

For centuries, cursive handwriting has been an art. To a growing number of young people, it is a mystery.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in

• I write in cursive, my son can write in cursive.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I write in cursive and so do my kids. Handwriting is a big deal in our home. It amazes me that schools are now trying to say that it's not important to learn how to write since we have computers. What a disservice to those kids who don't learn to write and read in cursive. )c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My handwriting is a weird mix of print and cursive. It's not all that neat either, but you can definitely tell it's mine. My children are learning to write cursive in school, but it wouldn't really bother me if they didn't. I think it's more important to be able to type well these days than to write in cursive.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• We all write cursive.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I print. My child does the same.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i only write cursive signing my name. my oldest kid is 5 so no my kids dont know yet!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Ever since I had learned cursive, I have written in a combo of the two. My teachers blasted me for it in school. I would get all A's, except for handwriting.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I print mostly. When I'm writing a sincere/love letter, or something for keepsake, I write cursive.

My niece's school doesn't teach it anymore. I think it's wrong, my brother says it's just a dying art, like Latin, and sees no problem with it.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 8:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I write in a combo of print and cursive. My son does both but didn't learn cursive until he was in 4th grade. They don't really teach it anymore and that is terrible.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I only write in cursive. Printing tires out my hands.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2011