pee bird!

My 3 month old boy is circumsized. The head of his little pee bird keeps getting completely covered up with the skin. I push it out every time I change him, but I worry that its not normal. Will it stop doing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, he will grow into all that extra skin! I was worried when the same thing kept happening to my first, I had never been around little boys before lol. But, they just clip the extra skin so that it can come out more freely.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• What the heck is a pee bird? We are all adults here.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• The circumsision gets rid of the extra skin on the PENIS. Just think if it were to grow into it he would have a really tiny penis. When my son was circumsized there was no excess skin, that is the point of getting it circumsized.
    Anonymous

• so... you are saying that its not normal and that my son has a small penis? I am confused.
    Anonymous

• It's normal, don't let them freak you out just ask your doctor at the next visit.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:08 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yeah, it just means they left him some extra skin and thats a good thing. As it grows, it will give him room to grow into it. If they take too much, then as it grows it hurts. My son was the very same way and it looked like it was non existant for years until it finally began to push out on its own. Hes seven now and you wouldn't have known it was ever like that. ABout 4 yrs is when it should be all the way out. ALso remember to push it back when changing his diaper because adhesions set up very quickly with this type of circ. Its really nothing to worry about and it corrects itself. Its not a botched job and theres nothing wrong with it. Don't let it freak you out...
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:21 AM on Dec. 4, 2008