This Bitch.

I have worked at my new job for about a month and everyone is really nice and I think we are all getting along except for one 40 something woman in my office.

Her husband comes in to bring her lunch and he says hi to EVERYONE and I said how are you and she shot me this look like WHORE!

What the hell? I just brushed it off like that was weird. The next day people were not looking me in the eye and they were acting funny. I asked one of my closer workmates what's going on. She said that the woman from yesterday told everyone in the breakroom that I was flirting with her husband and that she thinks I'm trying to upset her. I have and never would do that.
It seems like this woman is trying to ruin my reputation and trash me and I don't even know her. This woman is twice my age, why is she playing this dirty game. I was so upset I went home half the day. I really like my job but this woman is so nasty.

I want to hold my head up high but what would make someone act this way. How can I clear my name or should I just let it go and hopefully she doesn't spread anymore lies about me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't agree with 2. pinwheel.

Personally, I feel like you should chat with her. Tell her that you know she was saying that you were flirting with your husband. Tell her that was not your intention, that you were only trying to be nice, and apologize if that upset her. Don't sound snide or rude, but be genuine if you take this road.

I'm sorry she had to be nasty instead of coming and talking with you.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Let it go and act professional. If this place is such a great place to work at the other people wouldn't feed into another persons gossiping.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Probably infidelity on his part. I would just brush it off as if nothing happened and if she does something like that again maybe you should confront her about it.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• who cares, you should never make friends in the work place. go to work, do your job, who cares what they say just get your job done
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 7:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• He has probably done things before like flirting or worse with other women and she has issues.Dont worry about it.Its her not you and unfortunately she probably does it to others women too.If you think you got it bad imagine how his night was????LOL
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• She's intimidated by you for some reason...maybe your smarter or maybe better looking or maybe both. I wouldn't even address it. Smile at her and go about your day.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• kill her with kindness hun thats your best bet.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• hold your head up and move on.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Let it go and the next time he comes, say "how ya doin handsome?"
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• you be the better person and ignore it walk with your head up and dont let ur guard down....there is nooo reason for her to start rumors but apparently she is jealous of you or is intimidated by u like was said by SYPHON.....so you do ur job and act professional cause at the end of the day ur the one that still has a smile on ur face and have nothing to worry about....or be bothered by anything ur just there to do your job i mean its good to have friends in the work area...but you dont NEED BITCHES like that.....excuse my FRENCH... but its the simple truth..
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2011