When is a good time to get a second opioin(sp)?

Ok, so I took my son yesterday to the dr b/c he was having diarreah adn had thrown up too. My son is 11 months old. The doctor barley looks at my son and says he is fine, but says he wants to show me his chart. So he gets his laptop adn shows me Lucas chart and it shows that Lucas has fallen off the cahrt with his weight. He weighs 17lbs. He has always been in the lower percentile of weight and his primary ped. has never had any concerns becuase Im little myself (i only weigh 104lbs). But his doctor wasnt there yesterday and the doctor i talked to said that if lucas doesnt gain wiehgt by 15 months they were going to have to evaluate him!! What does this mean? He also asked me if my son was acheiving all the milestones. I told him yes right on schdeule if not ahead of time. I need help!!

lucasmommy519

Asked by lucasmommy519 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I seriously wouldnt get worked up over the chart! my 5 year old son is in the 3 percentisle for weight and height! .. i told the doctor i dont see a problem with it and he is growing just slow!! for the first 4 years of his life he was in the -5 percentisle on the chart - the doctor never felt it was an issue..because my husband was the same way! just slow growers!! .. My nephews are also the same way..
    If you don't like what he says go see a different doctor!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 7:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My son is almost 3 and weighs 22lbs. I went through the same thing! They just did a bunch of test and stuff to see if there were any medical resons why he's so small.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My daughter is 12 months and only weighs 18 lbs. My pediatrician isn't concerned.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 7:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• OK im glad im not alone on this!! Thnaks guys..the dr just made me feel like i was doing something wrong!
    lucasmommy519

Comment by lucasmommy519 (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You don't need help, you need a doctor that understands you!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• try the pedia sure for babies it will put some weight on him you find it in the baby isle and they will just do some test to make sure theres no reason hes small its ok gl
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2011