Need advice bad!!!

my ex and i have been in a custody fight for the past 4 years. we seem to be in court every 2 weeks and he had supervised visitation for the past 2 years. we sort of got along in the beginning until his girlfriend, now wife, got involved and messed everything up. i think shes just jealous. she totally hates me and started rumors about me. she even got my ex to call cps and say i was abusing the kids! anyway, today i got a letter in the mail from some lawyer that happens to be representing the ex's wifes previous employer. i guess shes suing them for firing her and discrimination. the employer is saying she took off too many days from work and her excuse is that she had to go to court to support the ex at his custody hearings. so they want me to testify against her as to if she actually went to them or not!!! she was never at any hearings and i actually have court papers saying that visitation is to be with the father only and not her. im sure she never thought i would be involved in all of this. i may be getting a subpeona next week. on top of it all the kids are supposed to be going back to the ex's house for a few hours at a time and she will be there. i dont want her to take out her anger for me on the kids. they are 9 and 7. shes never liked them and has been mean to them in the past now all of this doesnt make for a good situation. what am i supposed to do? i may not even have a choice in all of this

mykidsmom86

Asked by mykidsmom86 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Fry the bitch.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Talk to your ex about how you feel.I mean they are his kids too.I would think he wouldnt want someone being mean to them.
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I wouldnt lie in court what if it back fires on you? Do you think your ex would allow her to be mean to them?
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 7:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I definitely would NOT lie in court. BAD. That could definitely come back and bite you in the butt. Tell the truth and let whatever happens happen, but before you do, see if you can talk to the lawyer or someone involved about what to do if you suspect she will take it out on your kids. There has to be some recourse for you in this.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Talk to the lawyer who's wanting you to testify. Tell him (or her) your concerns, that you KNOW she's been mean to your kids in the past. You want to go and testify about her not showing up at court, but you are afraid of what she might do to your kids.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i would go so u wont get in trouble and second tell your kids to record what she does and says so next time u go to court they can hear everything and tell your kids to speak up in court about everything that happens in there dads house
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If you do get a subpoena, find out the lawyer's name and call the office and find out why you have to be called to testify against her. I agree that this could only make matters worse on your part. Tell the truth and tell them that she wasn't there when he had to be there. Why should you help her anyway? She's the one that called CPS on you. Besides, what goes around comes around.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:01 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• he lets her do whatever she wants. hes not a good guy. he works under the table and hides everything in her name so it looks like he has nothing to the courts. he cant disagree with her. were not even on speaking terms. we havent spoken in years because of what he has done to the kids. he recently has tried to steal my whole families credit info and use it among a whole bunch of other things. we have open cases with the attorney generals office.
    mykidsmom86

Comment by mykidsmom86 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• why does everyone think im going to lie?!?!? i would never lie in court! whatever i would be asked i would tell the truth and that would be really bad for her. it would show that is lying in her lawsuit. i happen to have the documents that prove she is lying. im not even sure how i got dragged into all of this!
    mykidsmom86

Comment by mykidsmom86 (original poster) at 7:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011