How do I go about getting a doctor for my unborn baby? I mean I have one for the girls, but do they automaticly see your baby?

I am due in another 3.5 months to have this baby and I can't remember what I did when I had the girls. So do I just write her name down and she is automaticly the babys doctor too or do I have to call the office or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Most pedis won't schedule you as a patient until you do, in fact, have a baby. Talk to your girls' pediatrician & ask if she/he will be interested in becoming your next baby's doc.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 7:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• When I had my son the nurse at the hospital asked who his pediatrician was and I told her who I chose. I never called the office for him. But you can probably call a ped. office and talk to them and see if they can take him on. Good luck to you.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• medicade picked my doctor for me. a pediatrician saw the baby in the hospital in the mean time then i made the appointment with the doctor from insurance
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 7:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• my insurance picks for me. Then I will switch her to the same pedi as DS.
    MumsTheWord571

Answer by MumsTheWord571 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Here if your Kids all go to a certain dr your Newborn will also go where the others go
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 8:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My DDs are on medicaid. The first doctor we found after calling around because we didn't like the one medicaid randomly assigned. So, when second DD was born, we told the nurse that we wanted the same ped first DD had. Of course, now we're wanting a new ped for both DDs.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 8:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I had an emergency delivery and didn't have a chance to pick a pediatrician in advance. The nurses at the hospital gave me a list of pediatricians that were licensed to work in the hospital, and all I had to do was pick one out. I chose one at random, and that pediatrician's office sent their person on call to the birth... I've since had the records changed to a more local pediatricians office. (My mind must have been numbed by the drugs to pick someone over an hour away!)
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• lol that is funny GoodyBrook
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• You need to find (if you haven't found one) a pediatrician for your child. You will need to visit that doctor, let them know that you have chosen them as your baby's ped, and fill out some paperwork, just so that they have on record that office will be treating the child in the future. At the hospital they will ask you if you have chosen a pediatrician for your child and will inform that doctor of the child's arrival. And, just saying, a good pediatrician will come by and check out their newest patient. Our kids' ped even came by to see our daughter after she was born and she was born at home.
    tippymorgan08

Answer by tippymorgan08 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• well the dr I plan is the dr my girls go to and she does know that i am pregnant,
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2011