HELP!

My 4 month old cries all the time for me! Even for her dad, she screams and screams until I take her back. I am at home with her all day long, and my husband respectfully works for our income, and I feel bad because I can tell it really gets to him. I keep trying to assure him that its NOT him, she's just super attached to me. Any advice how to ease his mind, and most importantly how to ease HER into letting someone else take over for 5 minutes? I have to take her into the bathroom with me, thats how extreme it is!

cailynsmommy626

Asked by cailynsmommy626 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are times when a baby just needs to cry. Letting a child get use to being held all the time will have bad consequences in the future. IMO I think that at points during the day when you know she is fed, changed, and needs nothing just let her cry. Eventually she will stop wanting you to hold her all the time and when Hubby holds her she won't cry all the time. I know its hard when you hear your baby crying to not pick her up but sometimes its for the best. ( I am not saying not to hold her, just not all the time)
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 8:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My son is 6 1/2 months old and the same way. I say hang in there and try to enjoy it because your daughter will be off and running soon enough. My daughter was that way for the first 2 years of her life and she has no issues with relationships or anything because of it and she is 14 years old now.

SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 8:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yep, my kid was that way. Even to pee I had to hold her. First of all, enjoy it cuz my kid is 14 and won't hug anyone now. As for the rest idk what to say-when my daughters dad tried to hold her and she cried, he threw her and I left him. Good luck.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Ohh well that is just that she is going to have to get use to daddy. I don't know what hours he works or how often he is home, but it sounds like she just doesn't know him. Tell him to be patient she will not cry like that forever and she will eventually get use to him.
    It happen to my DDs daddy too. Sitting beside her and talking to her or playing with her and her toys will help.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 8:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i know this sounds silly but have him wear one of your shirts that isnt freshly washed. one thta has your scent on it. ive heard that it works!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• she doesn't ever cry though during the day, ONLY when daddy wants to feed her or hold her. She refuses it!
    cailynsmommy626

Comment by cailynsmommy626 (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• well sadly just something that happens sometimes when you are with them all the time how does it go w2hen you leave try to go outside for awhile so they think you leave and be patient and let your husband know time will come and he should be proud of himself for taking care of the financial part of the house he will get his time and he just needs to try a little at a time when they get older if he keeps trying they can be the best of buddies
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Tell him don't worry. My daughter is the same way & always has been.. Just when he gets home give her to him & walk away somewhere where she can't see you & in a few mins she'll be fine.. She's just going through separtion anvitey, at same age they do it,
    ashleeranae

Answer by ashleeranae at 9:24 PM on Apr. 30, 2011