A man with nf becomes sperm donor your opininion

nf stands for neurofibromatosis in it is where tumors can grow any where on the body.
some people have it mild, mini birth marks. this man have it very mild but his brother have it severe. I know him he is one of my friends, when he told me he went to the sperm bank to donate sperm, and that he did not disclosed his family of neurofibromatosis or there history of autism. he was honest about mild eczma but that was about it. I ask him was he worry about what's gonna happen if his sperm is used in the children who are the result of it have nf very severe, how do he think the parents are gonna feel that he was so dishonest. he replied well if they have a problem with a child having a special needs like NF then they can contact me and give me the child if they don't want it, my information is not private, I told him he needed to fix this. what do yo guys think.

http://www.google.com/search?q=neurofibromatosis&hl=en&client=opera&hs=cod&rls=en&channel=suggest&prmd=ivnsb&source=lnms&tbm =isch&ei=7lC7Te3mB4H0tgOvy9jgBQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAQ&biw=950&bih=685 He didn't tell me how much he got paid. When he do stuff for money he get kinda of offensive when people questions the payment he get. I should also write in the top that he already have a son that have moderate neurofibromatosis and severe autism. that his parents are helping him raise. I know money is tight for him but he still should of been honest about his medical history and also his son medical history.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• That is sick and wrong. Now, I will never go to a sperm bank!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• it's a horrifying disorder, I am familiar with it well from a family friend when I was a child.

I'd be disgusted with the bank for not screening better... isn't there a genetic marker for it?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• He was wrong for that. The fact that he would do that is disgusting.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 8:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I find that hard to believe. They DO SCREEN donors.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• That is very wrong. I could not be friends with him.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 8:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• In fact since he wasn't an anonymous donor you should contact them so they can remove it.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 9:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think medical donors like this have the moral and ethical responsibility - if not legal obligation - to disclose a complete, full and honest medical history. This is not just an omission; it's lying, fraud. :-(
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• That's why whey shouldnt pay for sperm.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• And how much did he get paid for his sperm? People like him sicken me. I would like to think that the sperm bank had him sign over his medical records to check for anything that can cause disease or disabilities. Shame on him!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• NF can KILL!! They are tumors that can turn cancerous and constantly have to be checked... not to mention the disabling build up on body parts.. some get tumors soo big they can't walk, can't see, can't eat, etc. I would take the guy to court over it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2011