C-section?

I had a c section with my first child. And ran I high fever after my c-section, is it normal to run a fever after having a c section?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It would indicate infection I would think. I would not say normal but not unheard of either...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think the 1st few days a low grade fever is expected..... how high is "high" though? Any odor, drainage, etc?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would think it happens. It could be an infection or a reaction to the anestetic. (however that it spelled.)

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• it could be the things mentioned above but it could also be your temperature regulating after hormonal changes. are we talking low grade or high?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It probably was a fever. I had 3 c-sections and ran fever after my last 2. In fact, the 2nd one was so bad, I had to stay an extra day.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I didn't think about anesthesia... Good point.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My fever was about 104. They checked for an infection but they never said if I did or not. So I am assuming I didn't because they didn't mention it. I had to stay in the hospital for 5 days and I was on iv. They checked my incision and they never said it was infected or anything. The day I had my son I did have a cold. So I am not sure if the fact that I had a cold might have effected it at all? My son almost had to go into NICU because he was cold. But they put him on me and because I was so hot it warmed him right up so he ended up not having to go. Also I was in labor for 15 hrs so not sure if that might have caused a fever?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Probably an infection. Doesn't have to be on your incision...could have been on your uterus. If you had an IV, chances are they were giving you antibiotics.
    Anonymous

• Yes they gave me antibiotics but also did blood work and said they found no infection? so idk if there still could have been an infection?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2011