Chili in spaghetti?

Ok, I was getting ready to make spaghetti for dinner but I don't have any meat.. I do have a can of chili with meat in it.. would it taste ok to add the chili? Give it more flavor, right? Or would you just skip the meat and just do plain psaghetti sauce?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I would do plain sauce or the chilli over the spaghetti but not in the sauce

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I'm from Cincinnati. Chili spaghetti is a staple here.

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 8:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It would be more Chili mac than spaghetti. It should taste ok. You CAN make it without meat though, Nothing wrong with meatless spaghetti!

Answer by vbruno at 8:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Well, there is such thing as Chili mac... Of course that is chili over pasta with cheese... Why not just make a primavera(?). Add seom veggies like carrots, squash and zucchini. Or a basic marinara

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I would prefer plain noodles and sauce with no meat, just this once :)

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I think it would taste more "goulash" ish, but whatever, I don't think it would be bad.

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My family likes chili spag. Sometimes I think the dishes we put together out of what we have taste so good they become family favorites.

Answer by meooma at 8:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• There is no reason that you have to have meat in your sauce. I don't put meat in my sauce.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My son 'discovered" chili on spaghetti when he was in college. He loves it and now does it on purpose. It grosses his wife out. LOL

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It would be fine.

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2011