Ive recently quit smoking, and now im constantly HUNGRY!

I know this is normal, i googled it today after feeling extremely fatigued all the time. Turns out fatigue is also normal in the first week of quitting, something about blood sugar levels dropping and evening out. The food cravings are also normal - probably a factor of the blood sugar level, and the need to do something besides smoke. I already had dinner tonight, 2 servings, and just had a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch, and i STILL want to eat. i don't feel full! but ive eaten way more than i should have already tonight. aside from just going to bed so i cant think about it i don't know what else to do to get my mind off of it! i dont have any gum either... DAMN!!!!!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Health

• i think its more of a distraction .. If your always eating U wont smoke lol I ate alot b/c i knew after i ate comes the smoking
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 8:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• The feeding frenzy shouldn't last much longer. Why not sleep? It'll get you to tomorrow faster.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Can you exercise, even if it's just going for a walk? It's a natural appetite suppressant, kills time, and releases feel-good endorphins so it will help you all the way around if you can make time for it every day.
    Good luck--I know you and I have talked about it before...you can do it!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• PM me if you ever need to!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• smoking is a type of appetite suppressor. Yes, it is completely normal. Just choose to eat vegetables and fruits when you don't normally eat. It's healthy and won't gain you anything (unless you keep it strictly fruits)
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i found snacking on healthy things helped me... crackers, veggies, etc...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:41 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Congrats on quitting. I would recommend healthy snacks too. Also I recently saw a Dr Oz or The Doctors where they were talking about quitting smoking. Now that I think about it more I think it was The Doctors. Anyway, they suggested sucking on those honey straws and cinnamon sticks as well as drinking ice water through a straw. As I recall this triggers something in your brain that provides the same pleasure response that smoking does.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 2:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• CONGRATS on quitting. Smoking is an appetit suppressor....thats why you feel so hungery now.
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i recently quit smoking it has been almost a month for me and at the begining i did the same thing and that would explain why i got tired alot, i try to stay outside i go for a lot of walks and i take my son to the park alot it helps me keep my mind off of it
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• It's completely normal. You're bored so instead of smoking you want to eat. The first few days are the hardest. Good luck. Find something to occupy you like reading, crossword puzzles, or working out.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 30, 2011