38 weeks..... hungry..... acid reflux so bad i could cry at bed time. help?

I am starving and I have been having a heck of a time with my acid reflux the past week or so. I can feel it right now and I am not even laying down. What is something I could eat that would be easy on my acid reflux?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 8:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Have you talked to your OB about it? Mine recommended an acid reducer (I don't recall if she was specific) when I was having reflux. You should be able to get someone on the phone about this, even on a Friday night (being an OB must suck that way,) Instead of laying down, do you have a recliner you could sleep in? Or could you prop up on enough pillows that you're only at a 45 degree angle? Sorry I can't help with food recommendations.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Try a tsp of ground cinnamon and 3 TBS of Real Honey Mix it well and eat it on toast or off a spoon. I promise it will STOP the acid reflux and heartburn!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:42 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Stew. Eat it slowly to help wash the acid down and thin it out with slow sips of water.
    I will also use an h2 blocker if needed.
    Avoid milk and dairy.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 8:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Thanks ladies!! And MyMyOhMy - The nights that have been the worst were nights I ate things like alfredo and such, I had NO IDEA I was bringing that on myself lol
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• 1/8 t ginger in 8 oz of any liquid you care to drink will help calm the stomach acids.

I had heartburn so bad with both of my pregnancies that I was put on Protonix, a prescription antacid. I actually vomited all over the patent leather shoes of the anesthesiologist with my first, an emergency C-section. My second was a planned C-section and THAT guy gave me this foul lemonade tasting shot of SOMETHING, but it killed any and all of my heartburn and the nausea that went with it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• When I was pregnant with my oldest daughter, I ate saltines with a little bit of mustard (because I couldn't eat the mustard straight), and it worked wonders for me.
    Ryla_Joe

Answer by Ryla_Joe at 9:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011