Pregnant firefighter...

I'm 25 weeks and I've long stopped fighting fires & running, jumping, & climbing ladders. But i still drive and operate the truck. i do have to step high to get in the truck (about 2-2 1/2ft.) i know climbing is out of he question, but is this too much..

Zarviemom19

Asked by Zarviemom19 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Thats still cool hats off to you
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• no its not too much if your just climbing a little to get into a truck...no what you do want to avoid is putting your arms straight above your head....they say it wraps the umbilical cord around the babies neck...so I would just go at it easy and I think you have a wonderful Job...Thanks for all that you do!! and congrats!!
    mrs.keen

Answer by mrs.keen at 9:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Thanks! I love my job/hobby (i volunteer at the same depertment). Just to know that when someone needs help I'm not just standing around and looking. That i can actually make their day better, no matter how small the effort.
    Zarviemom19

Comment by Zarviemom19 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If you hadn't been doing it before you were pregnant it might be one thing, but this seems like a step down in intensity.

Ask your OB at your next appt. Every woman and every pregnancy is different. :-)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2011