Constipation

I am eight weeks pregnant and I am having a horrible time going to the bathroom. It is making me feel so sick to my stomach and I am very bloated. I am misserable. I am a person normally goes 2-3 times a day, and now it's 2-3 times a week. Ugh...what can I do? I drink lots of water and eat fiber bars...

SDA722

Asked by SDA722 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• drink 2 8 oz glass of pure apple juice thats wat helped me with my first child.
    lilma966

Answer by lilma966 at 9:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I had horrible constipation this pregnancy, dr told me to take stool softener and miralax for a few days, and also to eat/drink plenty of pulpy fruit. I loved Nantucket Nectars Orange Mango, and it helped!
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 10:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I had the SAME problem with my first pregnancy and my doctor perscribed doculax stool softener and it worked wonders!! gl mama! I know how painful it is not being able to go!!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 10:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Thanks Ladies! OMG, I am so uncomfortable right now, so I will def. try anything at this point!!...I was never like this with my son and I was never sick with my son so this is all new to me. BUT..I know that no matter what, everything will be worth it in the end!!! :)
    SDA722

Comment by SDA722 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• try purnes, not a fan of the juice but during both of my pregnancies i ahve craved some prunes about the time i had problems, listen to your body itll tell ya what you need. but drinking lots of water will def help too! walking to get things moving, even though you might be really tired being early on my doc always told me the more you move around youll get things moving inside too. good luck!
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Coffee usualy helps most people, I am not suggesting a lot, just 8oz, you can also use a little cream and sugar if you'd like.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 12:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Coffee has always made me have to go...however, now I can not even stand the smell of coffee LOL...so strange.
    SDA722

Comment by SDA722 (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Maybe try an enema?
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 5:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2011