What would you have done?

I take my son to this newer playground on base, and on 3 separate occasions I have seen the same truck parked in the parking lot. The truck belongs to a man, and he is always just sitting in his truck. Now, MAYBE, just MAYBE, this is where he likes to relax on his lunch break or whatever. But one time he was laying down in the passenger seat. Again, MAYBE he was napping. I don't know, but I think it's kind of odd. Should I call the base cops if I see him there again? I'd just hate to think that this guy is sitting there getting kicks out of watching little kids play at the playground. I know I shouldn't be presumptuous, but still. What would you do? Would you have called the police?

JDanesMommy

Asked by JDanesMommy at 10:51 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would call the police..becuz MAYBE he is..and if he IS..then thats just creepy..and if hes not..atleast ur minds at ease!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i would i get paranord easy
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• i would definitly inform someone you can never be to careful these days
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• if hes there everyday at the same time...log it...just scop...if you think there is more to it...call tell them the days he's there...if he does/doesnt have kids...exc...maybe they will look into it
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Hello RED FLAG. Yes, please do call base. Any grown adult male who watches children on a playground should be considered suspect. Why men? Well men are more likely to be pedifiles statistically speaking. I used to do some advocacy work for victims of sexual assault and worked with the community on profiles of a pedifile. Is he harmless? Maybe. He could be a man who is watching his child play at the park. Who knows? But you are a parent and your radar went up, as it should. Anytime you have that gut feeling you go with it. Also take his license plate number and description on the man. The MP's could investigate and find nothing but then later an incident may occur after the fact. Then you are armed with the information. Make other parents aware, especially if children play on the park base by themselves. Just because your on the military base doesn't mean no harm will come to a child.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Yep I agree. That is what the police are for. If he is a parent or a decent man he would understand I would think & if not then either way you did what was right.

strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I agree because you never know. On another note my grandfather used to sit in his truck in local areas too and I always wondered why....He had had his leg amputated and had lost of the joy of being able to walk so sitting in a lot watching people go about their day became a fulfillment to him. He could be there on lunch break resting but I would rather be safe than sorry. Call in anonymously.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 12:45 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I agree that you should call base security. They will be able to do an investigation and put your mind at ease. If he is a parent, then he will understand the concern.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 12:53 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Your right to be concerned, but I understand you don't want to bother some innocent guy. He very well may just be relaxing. Maybe hes missing his kids or his grandkids or whatever, and enjoys being around kids. But probably not. Its not going to hurt to have it checked out!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• He may be there for completely harmless reasons but it's better to be safe then sorry, I would have the police check him out.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2008