First love.

How was your relationship with your first love? Did you ever break up and if so did that ever lead to getting back together? How did you know they were the one for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• My first TRUE love I'm still married to after almost 11 years.

My first LUST...I'm so glad I'll never see his sorry ass again! Oh the stories I could tell you. And I honestly wish I had known some of the stuff I know now back then. His sorry ass would have been put in jail!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It was AMAZING he was a great guy.. sadly it ended due to my parents i was 15/16 at the time and my parents are racist YES VERY SAD and they stopped the relationship he was such a great guy we dated for 3 years.

simple frownbut hey everything happens for a reason. I have a beautiful lil DS and one on the way :D

Anonymous

• i never dated my first love, we were best friends...still think of him and miss him occassionally. wish we had tried out more, though we were never on the same page at the same time and I always felt we were better off as friends...
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 9:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I never had a romantic relationship with my first love. She was one of my best friends in middle and high school (and still is today), but she was straight and I was bi, so I never told her how I felt until I was almost totally over her, a couple of years out of high school. After that, our friendship actually improved because she felt like she could talk to me about more things for some reason lol. I still love her, but it's mostly just a friendly way, now.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I married my first love. He was my first boyfriend, first kiss, first lover. I was 15 when we met, and we have never broken up. I knew he was the one because we *clicked*. We made each other feel great, we could (and still can) talk for hours, we GET each other.

Like most relationships, we have our problems (and Mrs.BAT knows all about them lol), but even so, I wouldn't take it back. I couldn't ask for a better man.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I met my first love when I was 13. We were long distance, so we were kind of off and on for the next 5 1/2 years. He was a really sweet guy, and we both really cared about each other, but the physical distance between us combined with the fact that we both had some very different ideas of what we wanted to do with our futures made it too difficult to feel that we could really continue the relationship.

We did talk once a few years ago (which was about 12 years after we broke up), and it was nice to catch up and all. But we also both realized that we were incredibly different people and that if we'd stayed together and gotten married, we probably would have ended up divorced. So it was better that it ended the way it did - we still had nice memories of each other and were able to move on without a whole lot of resentment and regret.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:42 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My first infatuation was when I was 13 but I thought I was in love. My first lust was when I was 15 and I just knew I was in LOVE! I married him at 18 but then divorced 4 yrs later. He cheated, was physically & emotionally abusive (ex-Marine) & an alcoholic. Interestingly, I discovered that he was a terrible lover but I never would have known that unless I experienced sex with someone else. For my next relationship, I purposefully picked out someone who was not my "type" so I thought I wouldn't love them (I wanted a lover) and that lasted two yrs. He cheated & was an alcoholic but I enjoyed his friendship. Next I fell in instant love with a geek and dated him for four yrs and then we married. There were issues with his mother from the get-go, and while we're still married, we've always had problems.
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 11:45 AM on May. 2, 2011