Do you know anything about Quantum Mechanics-Parallel worlds?

Where do you stand on the theories on place.

Wasn't sure where to put this but I guess beliefs fits...

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe MANY MANY worlds reside next to each other.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I beleive there is a spiritual world and a physical world and they parallel each other.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I have to say that most of my knowledge of quantum mechanics comes from Michael Crichton's "Timeline". The book, not the movie.

In that capacity - parallel alternate realities - I don't think there are, but I'm not placing identity faith in that assumption. I guess you would say I'm agnostic on the subject ;-)
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• They don't exist
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I've read a little here and there on string theory, M-theory, Multiverses or Omniverse, etc. and find the theories very interesting. I'm not sure what I think of them yet from a scientific perspective, but they do fit into my own view of the universe in some ways. If they are true, the universe has no beginning and no end, nothing can exist outside it in space or time (so no personal gods imo), and our big bang was one of many as the universe is self-contained and self-creating. I know I've read a few news articles about the theories--PBS comes to mind among others, and maybe a couple scientific journals as well.

Some links related to my 'spiritual' views and how it relates to physics and the idea of an Omniverse:

Pantheism: The Universe Has No Cause or Purpose

What is an Omniverse?
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• This is something I remember reading recently...

Science Channel: Parallel Universe

and I've read some of what is on this site,but not all of it...

PBS NOVA: The Elegant Universe
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• There was a very good movie that addressed this called "What the bleep do we know." It is a beautiful movie about QP and the existence of parallel worlds and intelligent design. I believe we can create parallel worlds just through our own attitudes about daily living.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 5:21 PM on May. 3, 2011