Is it bashing?

When you stand up for yourself or someone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Ok, here's my "face"! Now, do you think I am a basher? I know I am strongly opinionated...and you won't hurt my feelings if you say I am - I am just curious. You can reply Anon to my question if you prefer.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• There's a point when standing up for yourself becomes bashing.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• no it is the standing up for the people who are being bashed for no reason that is not bashing. that is just being human and heartfelt. unlike alot of these people on here.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• there are alot of mamas would say yes..me no i stand up for what i believe in and if someone else..or sometimes not get bashed i do help out....noone should bash anyone!!! were adults with our one expericances and advice.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think some people feel I am a basher, but I am not really sure. How can I tell?
    Anonymous

• We each come to cafemom with different life experiences. People should learn from others and embrace the opportunity to share, question, and learn. We should help each other feel empowered to do anything we believe we can. We should state our opinion and be prepared to back it up.
    However, there are others who just want the make that *sting* or create drama. I am learning to ignore them...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

You who why don't you show your face what the hell are you worried about????
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 11:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I don't feel that when someone defends their opinion that they are bashing. I think of bashing when there are personal attacks and assumptions about what other people mean by their posts. It's easy to misread something on the internet, as you can't interpret the tone of the poster. If you aren't getting your hand slapped by the powers that be, then don't worry about what other people think of you, or your opinions.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2008

• it really gets out of hand when kids are being tossed in like one person posted to another.."your kids could use a better mom i feel sorry for them" or ppl who are on welfare..."you kids wont know the real world since mommy and daddy dont work" common you dont know y or how they got on welfare...so quite assuming things will help.
    Anonymous

• opps didnt mean to post that anon
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 3, 2008