Is it messed up to help pay for one childs wedding and not help with the other

Both kids are sons

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Holidays

• Um yes I would say so. I personally would split up the money I have aside for their weddings right in half. One of my kids weddings is not more important then another.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Depends on the reasoning I guess...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yep
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yeah, but etiquette is, is that it's the brides job to pay for most of the wedding. So if you help one son, you should help the other...

BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yes my mom has a saying "Do for one do for the other." Doesn't always work out 100% but things like that should be pretty even.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 9:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• yeah its messed up.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• If the money isn't there, I don't know what you can really do or expect. If that is even the situation, that is. If money is not an issue, then yes, you should not select one child to help and not the other.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• I thought it is the brides family that payes for the wedding.  If you can't pay for both. I say do not pay for either.

Answer by louise2 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• It depends. Parents may help children in different ways. For example one of our children totalled her car. We bought her another used car to replace it because she was in college and had little cash. Now maybe if she had a sister and all other things were equal, I may help her sister a little more with the wedding because of that.

That is just one little example. Others finance's are none of your business, even if those other people are your mother and brother.

Or maybe the first brother was married with the brides family paying most of it, and the second brothers in-laws were unable to help at all. Perhaps then I would give more to the second brother.

Be happy for what you have received instead of being jealous that others have received more.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2011