37 weeks, very moody and irritable, is this normal?

i dont even want to be around anyone anymore and im sure no one wants to be around me either (i dont blame them) im also feeling very over emotional. its just mainly been the past week but today has been the absolute worst! i just took a nap thinking maybe my being tired had something to do with it but i woke up in an even worse mood! does this mean im going to feel like this after i have the baby??? did others? or does it go away after delivery? im so confused and dont know what to expect! im being induced in 4 days and im not very happy about that either. please help!

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I feel your pain, yes it's normal! Everyone is different, you will still be hormonal after the baby but it could go either way. I was sad after baby #1, but really only because I was mourning my old self, if that makes sense. After #2 I was sleep deprived but happy. :) Good luck to you.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• thank you! ive just felt so not myself lately! honestly i dont thinks its from the way i look or anything, just not feelin well with all these uncomfortable contractions and not to mention not being able to sleep all week! i was hoping to catch some zs before LO arrived! since i know i wont be sleeping then!
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yep. I am about 36 weeks with my 3rd child and I haven't been hormonal the entire pregnancy up until this last week. I have been crying for no reason, or for arguments that happened, literally, YEARS ago. My kids are on my very last nerve. I am trying to get all the last minute projects I want done before the baby gets here, and I feel like they are going straight behind me wrecking all my progress and no matter what LP does, it is not "helping me enough". After the fact, I know that I am being hormonal, but in the moment, I really feel justified with what I'm doing and saying. I'm tired, I'm sweating, I'm puking, I have diarrhea, and I really don't want to be bothered with these jerks. LOL

Maybe they should lock us up for our own mental health and the mental health of our families the last month of pregnancy.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• i was moody the whole time i was pregnant with my first child i even went off on the dr in labor.
    lilma966

Answer by lilma966 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Yes it is normal and you will still be emotional for a while after baby come. I know from experience that the inducing is scary, not at all what you wanted, it's probably making you feel like you're a terrible mom just because you can't have the baby on your own...I had all those feelings and much more but when I held my lil man everything melted away and I just saw him and I was incredibly happy! Keep your head up hon! It'll be okay!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 10:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• thank you everyone!! :) it makes me feel better knowing im not the only "crazy" one lol! im just hoping it doesnt get too much worse! my family has been so wonderful throughout my whole pregnancy and i know ive been pretty mean lately. but yeah in the moment it feels like im right. then ill think about it and be like wow i so overreacted to that! (like turning the ac off makes me go totally crazy! lol)
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2011