Which formula?

my son had good start gentle plus formula but every time he would have a bottle he would throw half or more of the bottle up after eating everytime so the doctor switched him to good start soy gentle and he hasnt thrown up any but has had major diahrea. what should i do?

Teen_mom3911

Asked by Teen_mom3911 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call the pediatrician. I have heard lots of babies with digestive issues on good start. With DD (now 5) we had WIC and had enfamil, well she was 8mo old and WIC contract switched to good start, and my baby who never had any gas or spit up issues suddenly did. I liked similac as well. My cousin has a baby now and he was so gassy and uncomfortable and miserable on good start, through WIC, they switched him to a soy good start, soy wasn't the answer, pediatrician then gave a RX so she could get a different brand, problems are finally gone!
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 9:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Try another. My son reacted differently to different formulas--some constipated him, some gave him diarrhea, some gave him really bad gas. It's basically a matter of trial and error. Try a different brand; they're not all the same.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• My son was on Enfamil Nutramigan for his skin allergies but it gave him really bad diarrhea and it didn't really help with his skin so we switched back to enfamil gentlease and he is fine. The doctor still insists on a special formula but I got a second opinion and the dietitian said gentlease was better.  Talk to the Doctor!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• Are baby had major digestive issues. We tried good start gentle plus and it was horrible for him. then enfamil, then switched to soy and improved some but now we have beeen with similac soy and its done wonders for him. he still throws u some but he smiles when he does it (unfortunately i dont! ) and hes gained weight fine.
    Rachael12022010

Answer by Rachael12022010 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2011

• tell theDR.asap
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:43 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• It may not be diarrhea. It might be normal poop which is fairly watery. I think that showing/telling the doctor is the best thing you could do.  (I breastfed and DD as well as my twin sons pooped 3 - 7 times per day until I introduced solids.  Their poop was the color and somewhat he texture of golden mustard.)

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 30, 2011

• well my kids had to go on nutramigen because they would throw up regular formula allergic to milk and soy didnt work either but i switched to nutramigen and all was good
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 30, 2011